around the world

Friday, January 25, 2008

First Major Route Change

After thinking a bit further into my route plan, I realized that I had made a pretty big miscalculation. I have been so focused on the international portion of my trip, that I didn't put enough thought into the US portion.

A friend of mine pointed out that if I was heading north in March, I would certainly hit snow! I am a warm blooded California boy and the idea of cycling through snow for two months straight is about as appealing as a root canal. So, I have decided to alter my route to head south and then east, up the east coast and then west, heading south through some of our national parks.

Changes like this will most likely be frequent as my plans are very fluid and likely to change as my desires and the conditions I find myself in change.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your route, if you've never explored Utah before, you really need to go by Bryce Canyon, Page/Arizona area, hwy 163 for monument valley. I went to the 4 corners and it seemed like an absolute waste of time and money to all three people that i was with. its a fantastic drive down 89 from utah to arizona. It was flat land then you drive down into a cascading down road into marble canyon, it was absolutely a beauty to drive on and the area around you is breathtaking.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/9080/roadtrip20071410qt1.jpg