around the world

Thursday, February 7, 2008

One Month Till Lift Off!

I am coming down the home stretch in the countdown to freedom and adventure! I have my ducks lined up and am now in cruise mode until my departure date of March 10th. It is an incredibly good feeling to be able to relax and just enjoy the last 4 weeks remaining to me before I leave.

No more getting up at 4am for work, no more 12 to 14 hour days, no more stressing out. Now, I just need to tie up loose ends and prepare for departure. My average work day now consists of getting up at 6 or 7, a nice leisurely breakfast, ride my bike at cruising speed to work traffic free, take care of the day's tasks for a few hours and then head back home. Oh, and the ride is nice! I roll along the board walk for half of it!

Each day feels so great. After years of busting my butt, stressing and dreaming about leaving, my trip is so close now, I can taste it. Once March 10th comes, I will get on that bike and pedal off with a smile on my face from ear to ear.

No comments: