around the world

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting ready for stage two of the trip

Quick Update

I have been running around like crazy the last week trying to get organized for the next stage of the trip, so I don't have a lot of time for a lengthly update.

The keys were wonderful and Trish and I had a great time. Key West is a funky place and I highly recommend checking it out. It was tough to say goodbye a second time but i am glad we got to see each other again because I am heading out of the country now and each day will take me further from home and for a very long time.

I am flying back to San Diego tonight, and will be heading south into Mexico over the weekend. I am very excited to get down into Baja, which is a fantastic place. I have been down there many times while I lived in San Diego and each trip was a great time. I will also post an updated route map once I have a spare second.

Also, I am going to add a feature to the blog that allows people to enter in there email address so that they will be automatically notified when the blog is updated. That way no one has to keep checking it as i am fairly sure I will not be able to update as frequently once i get south of the boarder, so keep your eyes pen for that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah buddy!! I can't wait to see you tonight and hear all of the tales throughout the weekend!!

Mama said...

I hope you are flying via the albatross airway, otherwise, it's just not going to be hard core enough to satisfy me. hehe. just kidding of course. or am I? You are lovely. Have a safe flight home. Have a safe flight seems like a bit of a silly thing to say considering the things you have encountered in the last few months.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the weather in San Diego SUCKS right now. Hope you had a nice flight "home" and a nice visit before you leave. Hope all is well. Keep on keepin on!

Bobby said...

Reece-

I am a middle school teacher in West Harlem in NYC. I also do professional development training with teachers for the district. You should put a "counter" on your blog because I have been sharing your blog and your story with training classes. Not only are your experiences great reading, but the journaling and documenting your life in blog form is great for showing students the genre of memoir writing.

Anonymous said...

Reece!The keys are magnificent. Flying? What? You were so close to S.C....sorry we missed you. Can't wait to get updates via email.
xoxo
Tori