around the world

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Made it!

Well, a long long journey later I am in Rio, tired and in dire need of a shower, but well. It is so wonderfully beautiful here! The weather is perfect, I left behind hail and snow back home, if you can believe that for the California coast (I have never in my life seen the hills near my house snow capped) to come to amazing white sand beaches and perfect 75 degree weather. This is nice.

The city is great too, I have not seen enough to give a full report, but suffice it to say that this is a beach lover´s paradise. There are more beautiful people strutting around here than I have seen in a while. I am definitely going to enjoy my three weeks and I am stoked to be seeing my best buddy here...as soon as I can find the hostel! It´s always a bit of an adventure getting your bearings in a new place, but that is part of the adventure. I have it narrowed down now and it only took an hour, which is pretty good considering I have not slept a full night in well over 24 hours and speak only a few words of Portuguese. Luckily some friendly locals have pointed me in the right direction, everyone so far has been very friendly and helpful, which is always a pleasure.

I will post pictures as soon as I take some! Love to everyone back home, I made it safe and sound.

No comments: