around the world

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Inspiring Story!

A gentleman I met while riding my bicycle across the USA named Joze Marlot from Slovenia just sent me a Christmas email along with some pictures from our meeting. At any rate, Joze was also riding his bicycle across the USA and he was in his seventies! How fantastic is that? He rode on a recumbant bike with a device called a Schlum that gave him something like 30 or 40 gears if I remember correctly, it was quite an engineering marvel.

So I am very happy to report that he made it all the way! Way to go Joze. That is incredibly inspiring and I would hope that if anyone is considering making the trip that this will prove that all it takes is the will to see it through.


Here is a link to his blog, although it is in Slovenian. http://mostovi.blogspot.com/


A funny picture of me contemplating something or other. We crossed pathes in Florida, in the panhandle.



Mr. Marlot on his bike, crossing the USA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.